Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cover Letter

After looking at the advice about cover letters on collegegrad.com, I agree that including a testimony from a credible person can have a big impact on your chances of getting invited to an interview. I would not include it as a quote in your resume though, instead, I would attach it to the resume and make it a separate document. I don't like the postscript part of the website. I think that if you have something outstanding to report, you should include it into the paragraph where you emphasize the skills that are going to be useful to be successful in the new job.
For the future I will keep in mind that I want to talk about skills that are important and meaningful to the reader/employer rather than me, because the list of priorities might not be 100% compatible.

No comments:

Post a Comment