Sunday, February 1, 2009

the 5 minute university

I am taking the class "introduction to psychology" and one part of the first class really stuck in my head. The video clip about the 5 minute university. It is talking about how we can basically wrap all the information that we learned throughout college into a 5 minute crash course and that would represent what we remember after graduating from college. Of course it was not a serious or scientific report, but I have to acknowledge that the message carried a certain amount of truth with it. What do I remember from biology 103 or chemistry 101? I would not know where to start because I simply cannot remember a whole lot, and whatever I can remember could certainly be condensed into a 5 minute review. So why do we go to college? I think that it is not so much about how much information you are able to remember but how you use the information you learn. I believe that college is teaching you a lot about yourself and basic principles of life which is nothing that you are supposed to memorize, but it is information that gives you the chance for application in your own life in order to give yourself the chance to develop and find out what role you want to play in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment